In recent years, many organizations have considered that whether their blog content will be of value to their bottom line. While it depends on your organization and what specifically you focus on and hope to achieve, blogging can be a great opportunity for some organizations to enter the social media world, present their company as people rather than marketing or P.R. and create a unique opportunity to get their name out there (Dan, n.d.).
Whole Foods Market is the most popular retailer on Twitter and is a leading example of Twitter’s power to build millions of relationships a single customer at a time (Michael, 2010).” The Whole Foods Market has found an ideal method to get connects with all the customers and they can communicate more easily. Therefore, all the followers can get the latest news of the market, such as a new kind of vegetable, without going to the local market. Moreover, through the communication on Twitter, the customers can get many recipes on how to cook food and their complaint can be heard and solved immediately. Whole Foods Market is good at blogging.
Do you want to grab readers’ attention? Now, you must know the 10 best practices for corporate blogging.
- Grab the readers’ attention immediately – Start your post off with something provocative that will make your audience want to read and learn more (Dan, n.d.)..
- Breakup your text with bullets and numbered lists (Dan, n.d.).
- Keywords matter – For the sake of search engine optimization (SEO), the keywords and phrases you use matter significantly, especially in the title of your blog post (Dan, n.d.).
- Write about what you know – Everyone’s an expert in something — what are your areas of strength? (Dan, n.d.).
- Refer to other blog posts and articles – Mentioning other people’s content can not only create a “starting point” for your own blogs but it is also a great social media practice and a way to get other authors’ attention. (Dan, n.d.).
- What do you read? – Shape your own blog posts and articles around things that you find interest in reading. (Dan, n.d.).
- Be controversial – Not every blog needs to be controversial, but certainly don’t avoid it if you think what you are saying might ruffle some feathers. (Dan, n.d.).
- Ask questions – Encourage interaction! (Dan, n.d.).
- Sharing is caring – The work doesn’t stop once you finish writing your blog. (Dan, n.d.).
- Check back and often – It’s important to check in on your blog from time to time and see if there are any new comments you should respond to. (Dan, n.d.).
Moreover, In order to realize the greatest opportunities for your business, you should build strong connections with others. Like The Tao of Twitter shared:
- Following someone on Twitter. (Mark, 2014)
- Looked for opportunities just say hello and compliment her when I saw her online. (Mark, 2014)
- Read her tweets and, when I saw interesting connect, retweeted it to my followers. (Mark, 2014)
- Started reading someone’s blog, commented on it, and in an act of authentic helpfulness, tweeted link to her blog to the people who follow me. (Mark, 2014)
Social network has become more and more popular is because the marketing environment is undergoing great changes. Travelling now is very booming business in today’s society. More and more people have realized that going out to see the beautiful place is kind of new life style. Today, the rise of social media, has been brought us into the new generation. To online travel industry, the network has become a very important role, such as product booking, travel service and service complain. Success blogging can help a company meet more followers and get more opportunities. Social media is something that can give you a lot of opportunities to share something with your friend, this also is the rapid way, easy way and effective way to keep yourself up to date in today’s society.
In a word, let’s put in this way, for without any social media tools, this will let yourself feel like blind and deaf. So, social media so important not only for your life, but also for your career! Let’s keep using them, it will make yourself life far better than if you don’t!
Dan, R. (n,d,). 10 best practices for corporate blogging. Retrieved from http://www.campaignercrm.com/en/community/blog/crm/post/10-best-practices-for-corporate-blogging/
Mark, Schaefer W. (2014). The Tao of Twitter. Revised and Expanded New Edition: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time. McGraw-Hill Education.
Michael. (2010). Reaching millions with Twitter: the whole Foods Story. Retrieved from: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/reaching-millions-with-twitter-the-whole-foods-story/